I've been a Shapes member for almost a year, but I stopped going there after 2 months.I just didn't have time anymore and I moved to another city of course forgetting to cancel, so I figured that I could just call in and tell them my situation..

NOPE. This has been the biggest pain in my butt to date. I called and told them that I moved and desired to cancel, right away their attitudes changed from "OMG hi this is shapes like how can we fit your fitness needs" to "Let's do everything possible to make sure her membership cancellation process is super hard". The manager tells me to send her in 2 supporting documents to show it's me, so I do.

She never responds. I call back the day after, she refuses to speak to me and tells her employee to say I have to send in 2 documents proving my move WITH MY NAME ON THEM. Everything coincidentally is in my fiance's name. So they wanted me to drive 2 HOURS JUST TO CANCEL A GYM MEMBERSHIP.

After battling with the manager via email for an hour or so, I had to get my lawyer involved and she finally just did it. Interesting, now you can help me...

hm.Still waiting on her to send me a confirmation letter though.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Shapes Total Fitness. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shapes Total Fitness.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Fitness Centers category for more informed decision or compare Shapes Total Fitness to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shapes Total Fitness?

Comments

can you please contact me. jbob501@gmail.com I am having this same issue, and would like to talk to you about it, and possible use your lawyer.