BEWARE!I signed a one year contract and paid the full amount in advance.

I stopped going after 3 months knowingly forefitting 3/4th of the money I had paid. Not a problem. BUT.... I had no idea they would continue to charge me $26 plus every single month after the year had ended.

This was NOT properly explained to me. My credit card # had changed and they did NOT send me a bill, so month after month they just racked up the charges >>> WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. I got some phone messages to "please, call back" which I assumed were solicitation calls. Then a National Fitness company kept leaving the same message.

When I finally answered they said I owe a certain amount and I better pay up, or they will ruin my credit. IMO this is a form of "consumer fraud" and intimidation.

It is vulture capitalism.I will report the same to the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Service - and use every possible venue to warn others about the dishonest business dealings of this company.

Review about: Shapes Total Fitness Membership.

Had an Experience with Shapes Total Fitness?

Comments

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States #696833

I am fighting with them right now.My membership ended and I signed on for month to month with NO CONTRACT for $10/mo.

Not one month have I been dinged $10 and now they are saying I signed on for two more years. FRAUD.

They have my signature nowhere, sent me my contract (unsigned) and claim I did it over the phone.Guess I'll be suing Shapes.

Holiday, Florida, United States #684018

Thanks for the posting.Shapes has already overcharged me for the prepaid year membership.

Now I am aware that I better make sure my membership is cancelled after the year ends.They have relocated my locatiion and no longer have a pool so I am unhappy.