Hello Sir/Madam,

I visited Shapes @ Nairn Avenue on 31 august,there i met there customer rep Aura. I told her i haven't been to any gym before so need information about the packages and offers... She offered me personal training membership. She also said that if i sign in today i will get one month free membership. At the end of the discussion i told her that its just inquiry ,i am not fully prepared as i have two year old son which stays with me and also i mentioned her that i have medical (Birmitis) problem so i dnt know whether i can use the gym or not,she said its just a membership form which you can cancel it anytime but if you fill today you will get free month.note it she never mention that it was an agreement. Then she herself filled it and marked the area to initial for me and read the things on her own but never read the terms and condition part neither marked them. Then i asked for my copy she said i will receive on the email which i never. Mark no payment information was filled because i didn't had one .

I then cancelled my plan and never went back ,because according to me it was just a application form. I received a call after 10 days about this i said i found it expensive so i am not wiling to join so she said ok you come over to the gym i will cancel the earlier membership and will give you just simple family pack for 46.73 bi-weekly on monthly basis with one month free, again there was no one year term was mentioned And will give you some free personal sessions and if i liked then we can go for it or you can cancel it anytime.

After 4 days they took two payments of 46.43 and 95.23 from my account,I called Aura she said it was taken out accidentally i will call Head office for refund. After two weeks again a payment of 46.43 was taken. I called the head office this time they said there is two contracts I am in. According to head office the earlier contract 356-236 is still not cancelled and on the other side there is another contract 356284 and because it is one year contract i cannot cancel it now.

I told them that i am having medical issues and send doctors note that i cannot continue the gym. But now they are harassing me calling me again and again and now i am receiving calls from Citadel Credit for recovery of that money... It is totally cheating and fraud...According to them i should have read the contract while signing.Absolutely!I unfortunately trusted there representative because it was my first time i didnt know that they can bound me in a contract. . Why don't you gave us the time to read it before pushing us to sign it? Also why you go over the the contract with us if you strategically leave out the important information that we should go through?

Looks like Shapes have forgot what is Honest Living.Its in the contract falls short as an excuse for the misleading information provided by their employee.They actually train there employees like this.The head office did nothing to help me,infact they told me that we are not responsible what there representative said... why do you keep them there when you are not responsible for them....

I don't know what to do... Now I am stuck with these two payment of 95 & 46 every week for one year.... Getting harassment calls from collections for payments... Will really appreciate if any one can guide me....

Product or Service Mentioned: Shapes Total Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Cheating.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 08, 2015.

Comments